I love it Pink Burgers
Hey! Happy New Year!
Today I was thinking of a way to use up some beetroot I had in the fridge so I thought I would make burgers – thinking that the beet would give them an interesting colour (and I vaguely remember a vegan burger recipe using beetroot). Oh my goodness they came out interesting!
This is no lie. I made vegan pretty patties. This needs no further explanation.
- 1 can pinto beans (1.5 cup) – IMPORTANT – reserve the water from the can!
- 1/4 cup pinto bean aquafaba (bean water from the can)
- 1/2 cup or two medium sized raw beetroot, peeled
- 1/2 cup or 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (could use finely ground walnuts or cashews)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp fresh sage (or fresh herb of…
View original post 231 more words